Re: libvorbis - replace

Hi Greg,

thanks for the answer.

Greg Troxel wrote:

So if pkg_rr finished and all the packages got rebuilt (and you had no stale work directories), then in theory everything should be consistent.
Did so!

So windowmaker crashes, and that's the only problem?
Well, since I cannot run most applications, i do not know. If export display to another computer and use the system a bit, things do run.

Probably you have an actual windowmaker problem, but I would

   double check that your cvs checkout of pkgsrc is consistent (all HEAD,
   all 2014Q1, etc., but not mixed)
It is, I updated the whole thing. I will do so again right now.

   remove all work directories

   rerun "pkg_rolling-replace -uv" (not -k) and look at the output.  It
   should say there is nothing do do.
rr> MISMATCH_TODO=[]
rr> REBUILD_TODO=[]
rr> UNSAFE_TODO=[]
RR> No more packages to replace; done.

If you then still have problems:

   run ldd on windowmaker and see what it uses, and which of those got
   updated

   "cd /var/db/pkg; ls -lt */+CONTENTS".   Look at all the things
   windowmaker depends on and see if you an spot anything that was built
   out of order.   Probably all is ok if pkg_rr -uv doesn't do anything.
I suppose I need to chececk only the stuff that lives in /usr/pkg/lib, right? that's surprisingly little stuff.

        -lWINGs.2 => /usr/pkg/lib/libWINGs.so.2
        -lWUtil.3 => /usr/pkg/lib/libWUtil.so.3
        -lwraster.3 => /usr/pkg/lib/libwraster.so.3
        -ltiff.5 => /usr/pkg/lib/libtiff.so.5
        -ljbig.2 => /usr/pkg/lib/libjbig.so.2
        -ljpeg.9 => /usr/pkg/lib/libjpeg.so.9
        -lpng16.16 => /usr/pkg/lib/libpng16.so.16
        -lgif.7 => /usr/pkg/lib/libgif.so.7

I suppose the 3 first libraries are internal to wmaker and not separate, right? I couldn't find specific packages.

   run windowmaker under gdb

   post a note a about windowmaker, with much more detail about
   which pkgsrc branch, windowmaker version, system version, etc.
pkgsrc is HEAD and sytem well is current, May 12 actually. Before pkgsrc update however things did run. I will check further, then update first system, then pksgrc, rerun pkg_rr and report again. It will take some time though!

Thanks,

Riccardo