Re: Sysinst default root login shell

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:13:41AM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
 > >plus in the long run the csh family should be allowed to gradually
 > >die; there's little to recommend it from a language standpoint...
 >
 > But tcsh is a much nicer (imho) shell for interactive use than sh,

Yes, but not particularly more so than zsh.

 > and I think we are talking about the login shell, and not the shell
 > language...

They're not unconnected though.

 > I'd say even csh is nicer than sh as an interactive shell.

The genuine Bourne shell, yes; not our sh, which has uses libedit and
supports filename completion. Granted, the editing in sh does have
some rough edges; but csh has no editing at all.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost