Re: Netbooting a sparc64 (netbsd-6)

On Feb 27, 2012, at 10:04 , Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 09:48:54AM -0500, Chris Ross wrote:
>>  Hmm.  Okay.  Then I guess while I'll still try to update to 4.30.xx,
>> that may not be the issue.  I'll start watching the network traffic to
>> the DHCP server and the tftp/nfs server this evening or next time I look
>> at it.
>
> There is an easy way to verify the problem I had in mind: connect another
> port as well and use that to netboot - e.g. have the prom use bge1 to load
> the kernel, then the kernel will be able to use bge0.

  The first attempt to do this, with a manual "move the cable between ports,
and use the same IP address for both" didn't work.  If I get too much further,
I'll make a new cable (it's a long run, this server isn't in the service
area/room/closet yet) and try it the hard way.  Would you suggest using two
different IP addresses, given that there are two MACs ?

        - Chris