Re: Netbooting a sparc64 (netbsd-6)

On 02/27/2012 04:08 AM, Martin Husemann wrote:
I think we have seen firmware versions that break the bge interface they use to download ofwboot/kernel so it would not work properly afterwards. Do you have the latest firmware version for your machine installed? Check on the dhcp server (or nfs server) with tcpdump if it gets any packets after the kernel has taken over... Martin

Do you, or anyone else, remember which firmwares have seen this, or other, problems? I have checked, and I'm running 4.22.33, which looks to be the most recent in the 4.22.xx line (patch 121683-06). There are also two patches in the 142700 line, which provide OBP 4.30.xx.

I'm trying to get a line on 142700-02 at the moment, but just wanted to see if anyone knew of versions that did or didn't work. Thanks.

                               - Chris