Re: unreadable XML proplists from drvctl(8)

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 11:31:58PM -0500, Matthew Mondor wrote:
 > > Yet now I'm wondering, would arrays be
 > > output such as [ 1 2 3 4 ... ] ?  There different various formats
 > > output by some multi-value sysctl klobs at the moment.
 >
 > There are various formats output by the multi-value sysctl knobs at the
 > moment.

This is something I've been meaning to track down and systematize
sometime...

Properly I think arrays should probably expanded the long way, that
is,

   foo.bar = "stuff"
   foo.baz.0 = 1
   foo.baz.1 = 6
   foo.baz.2 = 7
      :

because while it's slightly silly for arrays of int, it's really the
only viable approach if you have arrays of complex structures.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost