Re: unreadable XML proplists from drvctl(8)

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 04:00:12PM -0500, Matthew Mondor wrote:
 > Although the above example didn't exactly use JSON, I think that
 > yes, decently indented JSON would be a good alternative output format
 > for humans.

I think JSON is at most only slightly preferable.

If the output can be tabular, it should be tabular. Otherwise, how
about outputting in mib format like the various *ctl tools? Hardly
optimal but not awful and there's lots of precedent.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost