files with negative timestamps

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011, yancm%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
I had been updating via cvs for 2-3 weeks and apparently every file updated to my source tree during that time had a timestamp c. 1945 or earlier.

Do we know what caused that?

For whatever reason the build utilities and scripts just silently failed on most if not all files prior to 1950 (?) timestamp...

Any time earlier than 1970 appears as a negative number in the underlying time_t representation, and it's not really surprising that make(1) is confused by that, but it might be easily fixable.

--apb (Alan Barrett)