Re: Kingston Data Traveler

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> >From Iain Hibbert <plunky%rya-online.net@localhost>:
> > I have a pair of Kingston Data Traveler 4Gb sticks which appear
> > identical, except that one of them does not work with NetBSD and the
> > other works fine. I guess this is the "known problem" which was
> > alluded to in this thread (I don't see a PR about it), how can I
> > diagnose this?
>
> Do you have a model number showing for the offending Kingston Data
> Travelers?

On the plastic cover it says "DataTraveler G2" and on the usb plug it has
"DT102/4GB" and some more serial numbers but they are identical on the
outside

> I got the same "generic HBA error" that you got with the
> NetBSD-incapable ones.

adding model 0x1624 to the umass quirks table as per other Kingston
products (comment there says they don't like to be told to lock the door)
solved the problem for me with no negative reaction from the working
device

> But the NetBSD-4.0.1-capable 4GB Kingston Data Traveler would be older
> than the NetBSD-incapable ones.

I bought mine only a couple of months apart, but in different countries
which could account for the age (the non working one from in a small
camera shop in a small town in Turkey)

iain

umass0 at uhub4 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: Kingston DataTraveler G2, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <Kingston, DataTraveler G2, 1.00> disk removable
sd0: fabricating a geometry
sd0: 3817 MB, 3817 cyl, 64 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 7818184 sectors
sd0: fabricating a geometry

umass0 at uhub4 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: Kingston DataTraveler G2, rev 2.00/2.00, addr 2
umass0: using SCSI over Bulk-Only
scsibus0 at umass0: 2 targets, 1 lun per target
sd0 at scsibus0 target 0 lun 0: <Kingston, DataTraveler G2, 1.00> disk removable
sd0: 3817 MB, 3936 cyl, 16 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 7818240 sectors