Re: slow su? [solved]

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 09:53:02PM +0200, Ian D. Leroux wrote:
> Thank you all for your suggestions, which were indeed helpful.  As
> expected, it wasn't a bug but a PEBKAC.  For the record:
> - I have /usr/pkg/bin before /usr/bin in my path

Which is fine.

> - Some handy desktop apps depend on curl, which depends on heimdal,
>   which installs a /usr/pkg/bin/su

It doesn't depend on the "heimdal" package on my system. Do you
perhaps build the base system without Kerberos support?

And you can turn of Kerberos support in "curl":

tron@colwyn:/usr/pkgsrc/www/curl>make show-options
Any of the following general options may be selected:
        gssapi   Enable gssapi support.
        inet6    Enable support for IPv6.
        ldap     Enable LDAP support.
        libssh2
        rtmp

These options are enabled by default:
        gssapi

These options are currently enabled:
        gssapi inet6

You can select which build options to use by setting PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS
or PKG_OPTIONS.curl.

Deprecated variable USE_INET6 set to yes, use PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=inet6
instead.

        Kind regards