Re: agr(4) question in NetBSD-5.1_RC3

On 09/13/2010 02:06 PM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
   If so, is there any reason why that support/code
shouldn't/couldn't be added to more ethernet devices?  Certainly
some of the more common/faster ones that many people are using, like
bge (and wm, of course) it would be of value I'd think.
The details are in
and follow up. Basically agr(4) should use the same interface as the one used
by ifconfig foo0 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, but I don't know how to do this from
the kernel.

I see. It looks like the "what is the way to do this" portion of the thread dropped after a bit.

If you pick that thread up again on tech-net, please Cc me. And whether we call ifioctl(..., SIOCALIFADDR, ...) or into whatever *it* uses, it seems doable.

I'll see if I can figure out how to create an AF_LINK socket from within agr(4), but it's been quite a long time since I've been in the device driver code. :-)

  Thanks for your pointer!

                              - Chris