Re: any support for Atheros AR9285 wireless and AR8132 ethernet?

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Jeremy C. Reed <> wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, fire crow wrote:

> it works!
> Thanks for the patches Pierre, using the patches on a current install did
> the trick

Can you point me to the most recent patches? It didn't work for me, but
maybe there were newer patches to try.

I used alc1.patch and alc2.patch (see below) with a current branch dated around that time (May 27, 2010)
> in srs/sys/dev/pci :
> - apply patch 1 :
> - regenerate pcidevs*.h
> - apply patch 2 :

> I have the AR8132 Atheros Ethernet Card, on an asus ul50vt laptop
> as mentioned earlier in the thread, dhcp does not work, which is the case
> for my freebsd partition on the same laptop so this may not be a netbsd
> specific issue.

Did you ever get dhclient or dhcpcd to work?

no I didn't, and they didn't work in freebsd either, whose alc is also from the openbsd driver I believe.
> it's great to have internet access to start setting up netbsd

best of luck!

!_____________________,, 917.306.9451, New York City, USA