Re: Setting up dhclient

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010, Steven Bellovin wrote:

The only last thing that would be really really nice is to have it automatically run ifconfig for the interface to set up the wireless SSID and WEP key. I can plug in the interface, but dhcpcd just waits for carrier until I configure the interface manually.

Do you run wpa_supplicant?  I find that that (usually) DTRT.

No, I just have simple WEP to keep the neighbors from sucking up my bandwidth! So I just have the ssid and nwkey in my /etc/

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at   |