Re: Setting up dhclient

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 05:33:24PM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
> Any chance you can provide some example of how this is setup?  There
> doesn't seem to be any mention in the man page of how to deal with
> interfaces that appear after the program is running.  Also, there
> doesn't seem to be any NEW_INTF "reason" for

You don't do anything special about it. It essentially works as if
carrier is found for the same time. That is if you don't tell it to
listen to specific interface, it will just pick up new interfaces and
use them accordingly.

I have an interface ppp0 entry in my dhcpcd.conf for example, to let it
manage the default route for ppp0, so if I want to use my UMTS stick, I
just have to start pppd and it gets the default route, independent of
any interfaces that are up at the time.

Joerg