Re: How to use mdnsd host name resolution under netbsd?

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 11:47:14 +0100
Markus W Kilbinger <> wrote:

> BTW: Can anybody use the mdns*-service under NetBSD? Adding any of
> these keywords to my /etc/nsswitch.conf does not yield any mdns-based
> hostname resolution...
At least it worked for me some time back when I did a bit of mdns
hacking on NetBSD-current/sparc64.

Regarding nsswitch.conf keywords: I use and programm with Bonjour at
work under Linux. There I used the keyword "mdns" and the same worked
for me on NetBSD. I am not sure this is the correct keyword and there
may be other variations. Someone (C) (R) (TM) has to check the source.