Re: HEADS UP: terminfo imported into -current

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 06:00:10PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> What is the point of having even the question raised if core obviously
> works through their own channels, with their own decision making without
> bothering what is expressed on the list?

I don't understand.  It seems to me either you must think that the
members of core didn't read the list discussion before making up their
minds, or what you actually object to is the decision they made, but
have decided to complain instead about how they made it.

I, on the other hand, have a reasonable degree of confidence that before
telling Roy to go ahead and commit the terminfo code, the members of core
did in fact read the list discussion and look at the code.  Perhaps they
didn't make the same decision on the basis of those data which you
personally would have made, but then again they are under no obligation
to do so.

Thor