Re: HEADS UP: terminfo imported into -current

Bernd Ernesti wrote:
On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 11:21:30AM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 08:15:58AM -0800, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
And (sorry to beat a dead horse) I would like to see more of the
decisions of core come out publically so people aren't surprised by
them.
What exactly about "OK core@" is not public?

That was in the commit message and not in the mail to current-users.

I would like to see some kind of mail before such things happens.

Looking at it externally, it seems as if the question was brought up. A lot of discussion ensued, including worries about problems, incompatibilities, and also points about why do this at all, when we're talking about obsolete stuff that noone should use (paraphrasing here...).

And as far as I can tell, that's where the discussion ended.

And suddenly it is committed, with core approving.

What is the point of having even the question raised if core obviously works through their own channels, with their own decision making without bothering what is expressed on the list?

Oh well. I should shut up. I've stopped supporting NetBSD anyway.

        Johnny