Re: HEADS UP: terminfo imported into -current

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Roy Marples wrote:

On 04/02/2010 09:50, Johnny Billquist wrote:
There was definitely a lot of discussions, but I couldn't find anywhere
any agreement that moving to terminfo was a good idea, or that it should
be done. Do you have any reference to that part?

The commits for terminfo had
OK: core@, jdc@

Which means that the NetBSD core team and the main NetBSD developer behind our curses implementation were in agreement. The discussions with them consisted of "can I put this in?" followed by "OK". This was conducted over private email.

And (sorry to beat a dead horse) I would like to see more of the
decisions of core come out publically so people aren't surprised by
them.

I repeat this because a couple of times a year, someone will say that
nobody cares what core does and nobody has complained about core's
secrecy, and I have to object to that point. I've been complaining since
sendmail was taken out as the default mailer.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost