Re: git copies of cvs modules available

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 11:49:51PM -0500, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
> (13) merely a question, as was splitting the tree in multiple
> repository. I see you omitted that last point.

I wasn't aware that I omitted any point.

We used to have the tree split up into separate cvs modules.  That
didn't work.  We put them back together into one module again.

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

I'll re-iterate the point that I made in my last paragraph, which
wasn't addressed in your mail.  It seems that git is good in certain
situations, and it's the trendy, bling VCS, so the fanboys are out in
droves.  From the previous discussion, it would also seem that
NetBSD's normal usage is not one of those for which git shines (for a
number of reasons).  Merely disputing that fact, or looking for
workarounds and ignoring the complaints, is not a valid way forward.

Regards,
Alistair