Re: git copies of cvs modules available

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Certainly if the git maintainers wanted to fix that, git would be much
> more suitable for use with the NetBSD repository.
indeed. I think that their answer might be "change your workflow", in
which they are might not be totally wrong.

> Similarly, if the
> cvs-to-git import scripts weren't stupid about file revisions and RCS
> keywords...

This is because all tools live on top of cvs(1) output, rather than
directly parsing the ,v files.

Stupid question: has it ever been thought to "restart from the
beginning", ie keeping a "legacy" tree and re-import everything in a
more "git-based" workflow, ala Android's repo or git' submodules ? In
particular having separate tree for external project (like say
src/gnu/dist/, src/external/ and crypto/). These represent 3/5 of the
tree, and are barely ever touched by anyone but their respective
maintainers. Histories of the said submodules may even be kept using
proper filters.

 - Arnaud