Re: Linux NFS client, NetBSD server, locking problems?

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:41:01PM +0200, Teemu Rinta-aho wrote:
> I did some more testing. Locking seems to work but the problem
> is probably only in Firefox. It behaves really strangely when
> the profile is on NFS.

Are you sure that is the cause? I use Linux desktop with an NFS mounted
home directory at work. This setup doesn't cause any particular problems
unless the NFS locking daemons on the Linux NFS server crash.

Similar I'm using Firefox under Mac OS X with a home directory mounted
from a NetBSD NFS server without problems.

        Kind regards