Re: Linux NFS client, NetBSD server, locking problems?

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 04:04:38PM +0200, Teemu Rinta-aho wrote:
> I am running a NetBSD 5.0 server and when I mount my home directory
> to Linux (Ubuntu 9.10) over NFS, I need to specify the "nolock"
> option to disable remote locking.

Do you have the following settings in "/etc/rc.conf" on your NetBSD server?

rpcbind=YES
mountd=YES
nfs_server=YES
lockd=YES

> Has anyone figured out where the problem is?

NFS locking seems to work for me. Based on passed experiences(*) I would
expected that my Mac OS X NFS client complains otherwise.

        Kind regards

(*) http://gnats.netbsd.org/37236