Linux NFS client, NetBSD server, locking problems?

Hi all,

I am running a NetBSD 5.0 server and when I mount my home directory to Linux
(Ubuntu 9.10)
over NFS, I need to specify the "nolock" option to disable remote locking.
Otherwise nothing
really works very well. I remember a few years back there was no problem with

By Googling the issue I can find no solution, but I can find the problem
over the past few years. I don't know whether the problem is on the client
or server (NetBSD) side without further investigations. Has anyone figured out
where the problem is? If yes, then is anyone working for a solution?

Teemu Rinta-aho