Linux NFS client, NetBSD server, locking problems?

Hi all,

I am running a NetBSD 5.0 server and when I mount my home directory to Linux
(Ubuntu 9.10)
over NFS, I need to specify the "nolock" option to disable remote locking.
Otherwise nothing
really works very well. I remember a few years back there was no problem with
locking.

By Googling the issue I can find no solution, but I can find the problem
described
over the past few years. I don't know whether the problem is on the client
(Linux)
or server (NetBSD) side without further investigations. Has anyone figured out
where the problem is? If yes, then is anyone working for a solution?

BR,
Teemu Rinta-aho