Re: OSX virtualbox 3 beta still dumps core on NetBSD 5.0 release .iso

On 22/06/2009, at 3:16 AM, Greg A. Woods wrote:

At Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:30:26 +0100, "Liam J. Foy" <liamjfoy%googlemail.com@localhost >

And Parallels doesn't like NetBSD either.

Parallels Desktop 4.0, and whatever recent 3.0 versions were available
for the year or so before the 4.0 release, are perfectly happy with
NetBSD-1.6.x and NetBSD-4.x at least, on a MacBook with Intel Core 2
Duo, that is.  I haven't had any trouble booting anything I've tried,
though I think the only network access I've actually used for more than
a test ping would have been with a NetBSD Live CD.

I think you're kinda both right. Parallels 3 worked ok-ish with a hack on the boot time fixups, or ACPI disabled. It even worked with bootcamp real disk.

Parallels 4 works ok with VM disk, not with bootcamp, and doesn't need hacks to the boot fixups, but it doesn't like ACPI or SMP for me.

But, Parallels *does* work with NetBSD 5 and Current.

-G