Re: OSX virtualbox 3 beta still dumps core on NetBSD 5.0 release .iso

At Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:30:26 +0100, "Liam J. Foy"
<liamjfoy%googlemail.com@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: OSX virtualbox 3 beta still dumps core on NetBSD 5.0 release .iso

> Matthias Scheler wrote:

> >> I don't think anyone really knows what the problem is.
> >

> > Well, I'm inclined to blame this on VirtualBox as NetBSD works
> > like a charm under VMware Fusion.
> >
> >     Kind regards
> >

> And Parallels doesn't like NetBSD either.

Parallels Desktop 4.0, and whatever recent 3.0 versions were available
for the year or so before the 4.0 release, are perfectly happy with
NetBSD-1.6.x and NetBSD-4.x at least, on a MacBook with Intel Core 2
Duo, that is.  I haven't had any trouble booting anything I've tried,
though I think the only network access I've actually used for more than
a test ping would have been with a NetBSD Live CD.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<woods%planix.com@localhost>       +1 416 218-0099        http://www.planix.com/