Re: exec: /sbin/init: error 8

On Sat, 2 May 2009, Andrew Doran wrote:

> It does still work - you need to install the modules for that version of
> the kernel too. They go under /stand/${MACHINE_ARCH}/${OSRELEASE}. So
> the kernel is more than one file now.

Is there any intention to make it easier to build and install kernel
modules?

By this I mean either a 'modules' keyword to build.sh, or an automatic
depend so that building a kernel would make sure that the modules were
also up to date (in $DESTDIR)

I use 'make install' in the kernel build directory and it would be nice if
that also would [be able to] install the modules when necessary.

iain