Re: panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc

On 1/18/2009 12:44 PM, Lars Nordlund wrote:
[snip]
In single-user mode, I copied away everything from /usr and newfs:ed
(FFSv2), mounted (tried with and without WAPBL), and copied files back.
Then I could not umount! The umount command would just freeze.. When
looking in ddb I could not say if something was really broken or just
very inefficient/slow. I let it run a long time, but it never finished
the umount. Hard reset was necessary.
[snip]

I see this exact same thing using an external USB2.0 disk with a single FFSv2 partition on it (as partition "a", using all of the 300GB drive). I hadn't had time to dig into this more, but glad I'm not the only one seeing this!

        ScottE