Re: How to debug a hang while booting the kernel?

Dennis den Brok wrote:
Did this, by any chance, show up as a hang during boot? I've been having
hangs all the time when booting a Xen kernel with no keyboard attached,
right after the kernel printed something related to pckbc...
If so, did you commit a fix?

Nope, it seems the fix is pretty hardware specific. It avoids some kind of triple fault that ends... badly under Xen.

As nobody except me reported this issue, I kept the fix local (see above link for explanation).

Jean-Yves Migeon