Re: How to debug a hang while booting the kernel?

Jean-Yves Migeon <jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost> schrieb:
> Bernd Ernesti wrote:
>> That is not a panic. It is a hang and I need some detailed information
>> how to find the place where it hangs, and not some generic ddb commands.
>
> FWIW, when I had to isolate an interrupt stack overflow with Xen, in
> order to find where it fails, I put a break on the last printf I saw on
> screen, then used "step <count>" until I managed to find the approximate
> part in code where it stalls/crashes, then added a couple of printfs to
> see what happens there, eventually helped with some generic ddb commands.
>
> Worked to isolate an issue inside pckbc with Xen.
>
> I know, this sounds like a dirty hack :)
>
> Cheers,

Did this, by any chance, show up as a hang during boot? I've been having
hangs all the time when booting a Xen kernel with no keyboard attached,
right after the kernel printed something related to pckbc...
If so, did you commit a fix?

TIA,
Dennis den Brok