Re: How to debug a hang while booting the kernel?

Bernd Ernesti wrote:
That is not a panic. It is a hang and I need some detailed information
how to find the place where it hangs, and not some generic ddb commands.

FWIW, when I had to isolate an interrupt stack overflow with Xen, in order to find where it fails, I put a break on the last printf I saw on screen, then used "step <count>" until I managed to find the approximate part in code where it stalls/crashes, then added a couple of printfs to see what happens there, eventually helped with some generic ddb commands.

Worked to isolate an issue inside pckbc with Xen.

I know, this sounds like a dirty hack :)

Cheers,

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost