Re: bootable usb stick (was: How do I keep testing current-amd64 witout so much trouble?)

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008, Bernd Ernesti wrote:

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 09:34:50AM -0700, Sverre Froyen wrote:

When I was bitten by the "amd64 -current crashs at boot" problem (I did not
pay attention to the initial reports because of the subject line -- I am using
i386), both my netbsd and onetbsd kernels started failing the minute I
installed userland (including the new kernel modules).  I was lucky to find an
old 5.99.4 kernel that I could use to rebuild and reinstall the ffs module.  I
have now invested $20 in a USB stick that contains a working bootable 5.99.5
system and that I can use to fix any future mishaps.

Do you have an instruction how to install a bootable netbsd system on a usb
I thought about to do something, but wasn't sure if it will work with a usb
stick which has a U3 system on it.

I've never gotten the instructions on to work, but the
FreeBSD USB stick works well.

Hisashi T Fujinaka -