How do I keep testing current-amd64 witout so much trouble?

So lately, after things have been modularized, I've been destroying my
system with regularity. If I forget to install modules, it wedges. If I
do install the modules, the kernel won't boot and I have to restore my
system using an old 5.99.4 disk I have.

I don't mind doing this, it's the point of testing current. My question
is whether this is what I really ought to be doing? Is there a better
way of keeping an old kernel around for cases like this?

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd%twofifty.com@localhost