Re: How do I keep testing current-amd64 witout so much trouble?

Paul Goyette wrote:
True. But in the original request, he was reverting to 5.99.4 backup copy, so both the "stable" 5.99.4 and "test" 5.99.5 modules would be able to peacefully coexist.

Perhaps we need to abstract out the version number for -current entirely?

When the kernel is built, use the time in seconds as a timestamp. Then check for that as a path component, and if that fails, then the version path.

This will let you install modules as desired, and yet keep a stable copy around for as long as you want. Sure, you'll have to pass that timestamp off to the module install script, but oh well.

--Michael