Re: How do I keep testing current-amd64 witout so much trouble?

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 01:04:22PM -0800, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> So lately, after things have been modularized, I've been destroying my
> system with regularity. If I forget to install modules, it wedges. If I
> do install the modules, the kernel won't boot and I have to restore my
> system using an old 5.99.4 disk I have.
>
> I don't mind doing this, it's the point of testing current. My question
> is whether this is what I really ought to be doing? Is there a better
> way of keeping an old kernel around for cases like this?

Kernel modules introduce a bunch of difficult build and configuration
management problems. Until such time as we solve them properly, keep a
non-modular kernel around. Or just stick to non-modular kernels
completely.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost