Re: NFS oddities with MacOX X clients

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Andrew Doran <ad%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> Do you have any local modifications to the file system code?
no, this is a stock GENERIC build from Nov 19th source tree

> What is the file system configuration including any relevant NFS exports?
% mount
/dev/wd0a on / type ffs (NFS exported, local)
/dev/wd0e on /usr type ffs (local)
/dev/wd0f on /var type ffs (local)
/dev/wd0g on /home type ffs (NFS exported, local)
mfs:170 on /tmp type mfs (synchronous, local)
kernfs on /kern type kernfs (local)
/dev/wd0h on /toto type ffs (NFS exported, local)

> In this core dump - if you can supply the details - what you get from:
>
> ps/l
this is not available in ddb.

> print nvp
> kvm proc (0t3419384356 & ~15)
> bt

nothing conclusive:
(gdb) kvm proc (0t3419384356 & ~15)
#0  0xcbd756e0 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xcbd756e0 in ?? ()
#1  0x00007020 in ?? ()
#2  0xcbd756e0 in ?? ()
#3  0x00000000 in ?? ()

However, I can get the name of the lwp anyway:
print *(struct lwp *)0xCBCFAA20
[...]
  l_name = 0xcba63aa4 "slave",

which was created by nfsd:
% grep -r slave src/usr.sbin/nfsd/
src/usr.sbin/nfsd/nfsd.c: pthread_setname_np(pthread_self(), "slave", NULL);

Also, nfsd was launched by the following command also:
#nfsd -t -u -n 6

 - Arnaud

ps: I can provide you the core and the debugging image if you want, it
might be easier that proxying command :)