Re: Lock up's on USB transfer

On Thursday 11 September 2008 16:53:33 Swift Griggs wrote:
> Not to be negative, but I've also had the same experience. USB+msdos/vfat
> == crashes & fs-lockouts. ie.. Either the storage locks up or the machine
> does. I've also noticed that USB+msdos_fs is orders of magnitude slower
> than ffs/lfs/ext2 on the same unit. I know it's an ineffecient FS, but not
> 200%+ slower.

I'm using a recent NettBSD-current on sparc64 hardware and I never had lockups
with USB. Maybe it's something related to a particular USB driver? I use a
Belkin PCI USB card and I regularly transfer music and image files to/from
USB sticks formated with FAT32 filesystem. Never had any issues with it.