Re: Lock up's on USB transfer

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 03:45:03AM +0200, Ulrich Habel wrote:
> I just updated my system today and right now I am experiencing lock
> ups of the machine. When I try to transfer lots of small files to an
> USB stick, the machine freezes.

I would laugh was it not for NetBSD. I'm experiencing lockups with
USB writing (msdos, eh?) for *several years* now already, on different
computers, different USB hardware, different storage. Go searching the
PR database some and have some fun. You'll find many "analyzed" PRs,
steps on what to do, or just people asking how to debug this further
and being ignored.

You -could- try this on the console so the ctrl alt esc to escape
into ddb -might- work. Or see the PRs. (check usb, umass, ...)

-Martin