Re: GCC

George Michaelson wrote:

So if there is a post 5.0 flavour on this, I am probably much happier: after all, a bunch of OTHER work (like PR closing) probably needs doing to get 5 happening anyway.

I am not hurrying anyone to import newer GCC, especially before a major release I'm eagerly waiting for. I am not a GCC tiffoso, I dislike GPL 3, I know GCC is far to be the best compiler available, and I wish the LLVM project had reached its maturity yet.

I'll try to test what can be done by using the combination LLVM/GCC, which could be a sort of phasing out of the full GCC dependency, until LLVM front ends are alive and working.

Vincent