Re: Noisy ipmi0 after bootup?

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 02:34:33PM +0200, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> That's what I was guessing.
>
> I'm just concerned that having these spewed over the console screen
> while sysinst is running will create a bad first impression, and such
> impressions tend to count.  Not that we have a popularity contest to
> win, but still, there's no need to make it even worse than it is...

The same happens with other kernel message (like slow usb devices attaching),
I think there is already a PR about it.

Solutions are simple:

 - make sysinst run on ttyE1 instead of console (I think FreeBSD does
   something like that)
 - add a way to disable/enable kernel messages on the console and use
   that in sysinst

Martin