Re: postinstall wiped out my /etc/rc changes

On 2-May-08, at 12:00 PM, Adam Hoka wrote:
Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc. wrote:

I've modified the build for my systems such that any and all scripts
and script fragments in /etc, including especially /etc/rc.d/* are
considered to be owned by the system, _unless_ they have a name
matching *.local (and I added /etc/*.local hooks where necessary).

Sounds interesting. It would be nice to have that upstream.

You'll no doubt find that in the NetBSD community there's a great rift (or many great rifts) between the people who want upgrades to change otherwise relatively static things in /etc vs. those who think some or all of /etc is always host specific. For example Alan, if I understand him correctly, just posted that he's in the latter camp. You'll find various other folks who sit on various fences around the subject too. :-)

--
                                        Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc.
                                        <woods%planix.ca@localhost>