postinstall wiped out my /etc/rc changes

Hi,

I had made a couple of changes to /etc/rc in order to try the boot splash
screen (see http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2006/02/18/0018.html).
I then did a system upgrade using build.sh and etcupdate.  etcupdate runs
postinstall which prompted me to run postinstall fix rc.  Doing so
reinstalled the original /etc/rc and wiped out my local modifications.  Not a
big deal but still unexpected since other changes in /etc are usually left in
place.

Is this the expected result?  If not, is the problem with etcupdate or
postinstall?  Should I file a PR?

Thanks,
Sverre