Re: printer recommendations

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008, Johnny C. Lam wrote:
> myqueue|My local Kyocera printer:\
>     :lp=/dev/lpt0:\
>     :af=/usr/pkg/share/foomatic/ppd/Kyocera/Kyocera-FS-1010-ljet4.ppd:\
>     :if=/usr/pkg/bin/foomatic-rip:\
>     :sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:\
>     :mx#0:sh:
>
> See the following link for more details:
>
> http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/Database/LPDDocumentation

It would be nice if "man foomatic-rip" included the above information,
although I suppose it can be gleaned from the printcap(5) man page's
description of how lpd(8) invokes an "if" filter, read in conjunction
with the foomatic-rip man page's description of command line options for
"LPD/GNUlpr" mode.

--apb (Alan Barrett)