Re: pkgsrc name collisions

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 10:52:24PM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
 > 3. Maybe rename www/hugo to www/go-hugo to match its PKGBASE.  It's
 >    not strictly a problem for the directory name to collide when the
 >    PKGBASE does not, but it's confusing.  Or, maybe delete games/hugo;
 >    web site has been gone since 2008, unclear if there's anything
 >    culturally significant in the interactive fiction format it
 >    interprets.

My recollection is that games/hugo shouldn't be removed, but I don't
remember any of the details. Anyway I also vaguely recall that
www/hugo not colliding with it was not an accident.

I think we should hold off on renaming things whose PKGBASEs don't
match their directories until we manage to move to hg. There are quite
a few of them.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost