Re: samba4 update blocker due to NetBSD 9.2

Am Fri, 28 Jan 2022 20:37:07 +0100
schrieb Hauke Fath <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost>:

> I added that not too long ago, there is more detail in the commit
> message. At the time, the Illumos kernel was to be adapted, but I don't
> know how quickly the change will percolate through the various Solarish
> distributions, not to mention Solaris proper.

Well, I guess it's not something that should stay too long in the tree,
then? These patches are bound to age badly, with new instances of
pthread_mutex_init popping up. I imagine some resistance to add this
upstream, for such a quirk of one platform that should be fixed by now.

> On a different note: I have patches here that should help with PLIST
> generation. If you're interested, I'll send them your way.

Seems like something of general interest.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--
Dr. Thomas Orgis