Re: samba4 update blocker due to NetBSD 9.2

Am Wed, 26 Jan 2022 06:11:21 +0100
schrieb Matthias Petermann <mp%petermann-it.de@localhost>:

> I'm happy to help with that. I have Samba in productive use. Please
> just let me know. Maybe the patched version 4.15.x can be brought
> into wip first?

OK, I pushed an update for tevent and added wip/ldb and wip/samba4, as
those need to go together. I built samba4 many times during the past
days, also trying to keep PLIST in order regarding the options. For
sure I failed there in some respect.

But generally, the build seems to work. I also suggested the patch to
upstream on samba bugzilla.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

PS: Samba people urged me to push any portability patches accumulated
in pkgsrc to them. I'm in a bad position to judge those, esp. things
like the paranoid memsetting of pthread_mutex structures before
initializing for SunOS. Would be nice if someone on the affected
platforms would have a look. We don't really want to carry those
patches forever, do we?

--
Dr. Thomas Orgis
HPC @ Universität Hamburg