Re: LXQt-1.0.0 Window Manager?

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Wednesday, November 10th, 2021 at 9:16 AM, nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> Kinda nitpicky question - sorry.
No problem.

> Is there anything lacking in openbox that would impair its use with
> LXQt?
No, except that LXQt no longer provide a GUI to configure openbox.
You can obviously still configure the WM by editing its config file.
Or, by pulling one of the many themes available for it.

> It just feels strange to make a desktop environment depend on
> another desktop environment's window mananger, especially a
> desktop environment written in a different toolkit.
I've asked upstream, xfwm4 or kwin was they answer and Siduction uses xfwm4.
I must say, I've tried both and xfwm4 feels nicer but, I agree with you.

Thanks