LXQt-1.0.0 Window Manager?

Hi,

I've started the update of LXQt to the newly released 1.0.0
As of LXQt-0.17.0 the DE claims to be window manager independent and no longer
offers a configuration file for openbox.

I've asked upstream what their thought are and answer follows,

"LXQt has removed all traces of treating an X11 window manager or compositor in
special ways. All DE-agnostic X11 WMs can be used with LXQt and distros are
free to choose one as their default (Openbox, xfwm4, KWin,...).
Openbox isn't developed anymore, although it's still usable."

Regarding obconf-qt, they say,
"The code hasn't changed since 0.15.0. IMHO, its repository can be archived."

It will take me a couple of days to build and update the whole DE, as I have
limited time right now. At best, I might be ready to start merging the update
on Monday evening but, most probabably not.

How would we like to address the LXQt meta-package regading the choice of
window manager?
What about the configuration files?

My suggestion is to keep both xfwm4 and openbox as a choice in the meta-package
but, drop and remove obconf-qt from pkgsrc.
Alternative, we could shift to xfwm4 only as Siduction (Debian Sid) has done.
Or, we could simply go with the upstream idea and provide no wm. Although, this
could scare users that install a DE with no window manager.

Please let me know what you think.

Best Regards,
pin

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.