Re: SQLite3 and JSON1

nia <nia%NetBSD.org@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 09:10:54AM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:
>>   how does NetBSD base build sqlite3
>
> The answer here for basically all software is "without the configure
> script". We maintain bmake files that define all the stuff the
> upstream configure script is supposed to define on NetBSD, but sometimes
> optional features are missed - as I guess has happened here.
> Linux distributions generally do not have this problem because they
> do not do this. Dunno about other BSDs.
>
> It's a bug, but one we should realisticaly work around for released
> versions.

So would you take the position:

  sqlite3 without JSON1 is broken, period

  anything in pkgsrc that wants sqlite3 should get a version with JSON1

  therefore builtin.mk should reject NetBSD bas sqlite3, at least until
  some future time when base has it?

  and we can skip declaring that JSON1 is needed?

I think that's a perfectly reasonable approach.

If you and js@ concur and overall consensus says so, I'll do this.