Re: textproc/bat dependency on clang?

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 10:51:46AM -0500, Santhosh Raju wrote:
Yes, there is a dependent rust crate onig_sys v69.2.0 which failed to
compile when libclang.so was not present in the dependency.

Ah, thanks for the information.

Can you remove lang/clang completely from your system, make sure there
is no libclang.so and try rebuilding textproc/bat again and let me
know if the problem persists?

I don't have lang/clang installed (the dependency on lang/llvm means it
clashes with lang/rust-bin). I don't have libclang anywhere in my
LOCALBASE, although it is installed elsewhere as part of the macOS
developer tools.

It may be prudent to try a build on a NetBSD system to confirm that the
dependency is no longer required. Will update the list once I've done so.

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * mj%mjturner.net@localhost * http://mjturner.net/