Re: != vs :sh (was: py-Scientific fix)

Am 31.03.2019 um 22:07 schrieb Joerg Sonnenberger:
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 12:16:27PM +0200, Roland Illig wrote:
>> Thank you for this explanation. After the 2019Q1 branch, pkglint will
>> warn about cases like this and provide an even more detailed explanation.
>
> I'm against a blatant warning like that. There are valid reasons for
> using !=, especially when checking that it happens in the appropiate
> phase.

I'm surprised you call the warning "blatant" even though you haven't
seen it in action at all.

I know that there are legitimate reasons to use the != assignment
operator, and the new warning takes care of that. To make it less
forceful, I have also changed the warning into a mere note.

All in all, it appears 44 times in the whole pkgsrc tree, including
pkgsrc-wip. There are 119 other diagnostics that occur more often than
this one. These 44 cases are not all in error, but they are worth being
inspected anyway since several of them contain code smells.