Re: cups15=>cups

Le 10/10/15 14:03, Greg Troxel a écrit :

> Richard PALO <richard%netbsd.org@localhost> writes:

>>> No, only network printers... but as I said, everything that needed libusb I had
>>> to leave alone not being available for SunOS.
>>>
>>> Let's wait until after the imminent freeze is lifted and embark on the new adventure.
>>> In the meanwhile, if libusb works for anybody, they should be able to help with the libusb/cups
>>> issues, if there are any.
>>>

>> I'm curious if the case of the NetBSD USB problems (if there are any) aren't related to libusb?
>>
>> Looking at diffs in git indicates that usb.c and usb-unix.c only really had any cosmetic updates.
>>
>> usb-libusb.c, on the other hand, had an overhaul of sorts.
>>
>> If this is the case, perhaps removing libusb from suggested options is a possibility...
>>
>> Anybody in a position to try?
>
> The issue is that for many printers, only the libusb path really works
> at all.
>
> What printers and what systems have you tried with?
> What happened?

As I mentioned, I only use illumos with network printers, which seem just fine.

Is nobody debugging the libusb stuff on NetBSD? That is, if it's that important...

Seems both freebsd and openbsd ports only have cups2 now, so perhaps there's
some patch hints out there?

In the meanwhile, next weekend I'll bring home a usb printer from work to see if I have
any issues getting it going with this.

cheers
--
Richard PALO